June 26, 2014

an ode to shivers in the summer

IMK_5055

here's to opening and upward,to leaf and to sap
and to you (in my arms flowering so new)
self whose eyes smell of the sound of the rain

and here's to silent certainly mountains;and to
a disappearing poet of always,snow
and to morning;and to morning's beautiful friend
twilight (and a first dream called ocean) and

let must or if be damned with whomever's afraid
down with ought with because with every brain
which thinks it thinks,nor dares to feel (but up
with joy;and up with laughing and drunkenness)

here's to one undiscoverable guess
of whose mad skill each world of bloom is made
(whose fatal songs are moving in the moon

ee cummings 

IMK_5084

IMK_5105

IMK_5083

IMK_5003

IMK_5077

IMK_5036

i like my body when it is with your
body. It is so quite new a thing.
Muscles better and nerves more.
i like your body. i like what it does,
i like its hows. i like to feel the spine
of your body and its bones, and the trembling
-firm-smooth ness and which i will
again and again and again
kiss,  i like kissing this and that of you,
i like, slowly stroking the, shocking fuzz
of your electric fur, and what-is-it comes
over parting flesh.... And eyes big love-crumbs,

and possibly i like the thrill

of under me you so quite new

ee cummings




IMK_5110

// Finland has been terribly cold throughout June, as showcased in these freezing shots my boyfriend and I came up with one Sunday in Tervasaari, a little sweet island in Helsinki. I paired these strange and ethereal shots with two poems by ee cummings. For years I have loved his ability to capture a moment, a feeling so well.

outfit details:
shorts by levi's
shirt by zara

IMK_5068


I have created a facebook page! Do head over and hit me up with a like!

https://www.facebook.com/hungrybymaria

4 comments:

  1. Stunning you are!! These pics look neutral, natural and calm, yet divine. You look beautiful :) but what makes me so happy is that although you have a taste for elegance and aesthetics, you're not an airhead like most bloggers out there. Your blog is the perfect combo of beauty, spirit and intellect. Great to be with you on your journey to greatness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really do my best to keep it interesting here. My head isn't filled with just beauty and fashion and neither should my blog!
      Thank you for acknowledging this ^^
      XXx!

      Delete
  2. Oh and another thing - could you post a list of the books that have had the most influence on you? I'd be very interested! Prose, memoirs, scientific publications... Anything goes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll start thinking about it! I prefer to talk about one book at a time but as I am assembling a list of some important songs I might as welll have a list of important books too :))) xx

      Delete