July 24, 2014

kew gardens

IMK_5488

Pleasure.
We seek it constantly, long for it in times of turmoil, and when we sense it, we can't get enough.


What I've been doing all summer is reminding myself of all the wonderful experiences that bring the greatest pleasure. And not only reminding myself of them, but surrounding myself by them. An aesthetic at heart,  I love beautiful sights, ravishing textures, and fresh scents. To add to a long list of pleasures, parks are certainly one of them.
What could be better than to spend a day with my beau in the most beautiful botanical gardens in the world?


That's right. Nothing.

IMK_5589

IMK_5388

IMK_5399

IMK_5348

I have been coming here since I was eleven years old, and I vividly remember holding running contests with my cousins on these lush clearings, in between the friendly rows of exotic trees.

IMK_5434

IMK_5365

IMK_5437

Kew Gardens is filled with hundreds of these sweet wooden benches, that all have eulogies written on them. It is so lovely to see their love for the gardens immortalized in this way.

IMK_5454

IMK_5598

IMK_5356

Kew Gardens seemed to be just about as happy to us and we were to see it because it was in full, beautiful, bloom.

IMK_5412

IMK_5464

Yes, I look four. Just deal.

IMK_5446

IMK_5439

It is such an adventure to roam around these massive botanical gardens because it is so different everywhere you turn. A grand Pagoda on one end, rose gardens, Japanese gardens, and rhododendron dells on the other.

IMK_5390

Being held by the warm air, glistening sunshine and amazing flora was one hell of a manifestation of the wonder of old Mother Nature. Mmm, pleasure.

IMK_5463

outfit details:
dress by brandy melville
purse by kate spade
earrings by chanel

IMK_5354

It is almost as if time has stood still here, with its lovely Victorian greenhouses and pathways.

IMK_5477

IMK_5506

And yes, I am looking at life through rose-tinted glasses.

2 comments:

  1. maria, you've got a blog of such high quality that i can't even. the photos are amazing, your texts are very inspiring and well-written and totally lack the "blah blah i ate yogurt for brekkie who cares" factor that too many blogs nowadays have. it's a pleasure to read this one. keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your comment is so flattering! I strive to be better in many of the aspects you described and I'm so happy to hear you like it.
    Much love!

    ReplyDelete